Information Sessions and Tours
Come Visit Us
As our facility is a “micro-school,” we host our school tours on an individual basis throughout the year. You are welcome to come visit our school during the school day, in the evening, or on the weekends.
How is Infinity School Different?
Infinity School is fundamentally different from traditional schools. No bells ring, and there are no lectures. Students are in control of their own learning. This great article We Need To Educate Kids For The Future, Not The Past explains concepts that are being used in our school.
How our school is different:
- Student-driven, self-paced learning
- Focus on process-development like critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, communication, collaboration
- Personal support and coaching of each child’s character development (“soft” skills)
- Real-world projects and apprenticeships
- Multi-age/grade classes
- Student self-governance
- Exploration and assessment of skill levels, learning styles, aptitudes, personality traits, and interests
- Guides rather than teachers
- Socratic discussions rather than lectures
- Mastery learning and student portfolios of achievements rather than grades
- No homework
- No teaching to the test
Where is Infinity School located?
Our location is in Wortley Village (Old South) in London, Ontario. We are fortunate to have the Landon Public Library out our back door and be a few blocks away from Thames Park. We have 3,000 square feet of bright, comfortable space!
The address is 115 Askin St, which is the administration building adjacent to St. James Westminster Church. You can park on the street or come around to Bruce St behind the building to park in the lot there. Look for our door at the West end of the building off of the Bruce St parking lot. Please note that our outside doors are locked: you’ll need to arrange your arrival ahead of time.
Is Infinity School accredited?
Yes, Infinity School is accredited by the International Association of Learner-Driven Schools. We are also registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education.
We are accepting applications for students ages FOUR to FOURTEEN for the 2019-2020 school year. (Our high school program opens in September of 2020.) Book a tour with us today!